1. Megtervezett események (Planed events) – A cselekvés előre megtervezett (When a future event that has been planed before the time of speaking.)
- I am going to Mexico in a few days.
- We are not going to work next week.
- They are going to University next year.
2. Előrejelzés, ha tényeken alapul (Predictions – To make a future prediction based on facts).
- There is going to be a really big storm in a few hours.
- The test next week is going to be really hard.
- The puppies are cute. I am sure someone is going to adapt them.
3. Szándékossá kifejezésére (átvittértelemben) (Intentions – To state the something that is intended to take place in the future, in informal conversations.)
- I am going to be a rich person someday.
- We are going to pass the test.
- The puppies are going to make a big mess in house.
Auxiliary Verb “to be”
Continue the Sentence
|We, They, You, Plural Nouns||+||are||+||going to||+|
|He, She, It
- I am going to be at school to today.
- They are going to the doctor tomorrow.
- My dog is going to come home this evening.
- Your coffee is going be cold if you don’t drink it.
- The girls are going to be home at ten o’clock.
|Subject||+||Auxiliary Verb “to be”||+||Not||+||Main Verb “going to”||+||Continue the Sentence|
|I, He, She, it||+||am||+||not||+||going to||+|
|We, They, You
|Singular Nouns Uncountable Nouns||+||is||+||not||+||going to||+|
- I am not going to be at school to today.
- They are not going to the doctor tomorrow.
- My dog is not going to come home this evening.
- The girls are not going to be home at ten o’clock.
|Auxiliary Verb “To be”||+||Subject||+||Main Verb
|+||Continue the Sentence|
|Are||we, they, you,
|Is||he, she, it
- Am I going to the hospital next week?
- Are you going to be home next week?
- Are your friends going to help you clean your room latter?
- Is there going to be hot water when I come home tonight?
- Is someone going to buy some milk and cheese?