Az alábbi prepozíciók hely meghatározásra szolgálnak
(Prepositions of place are used to clarify a specific place. Place prepositions are used with all grammar tenses.)
A prepoziciók jelentése sokszor módusulhat szövegtől, szituáciotól függően.
Common Prepositions of Position
- aboard – She is aboard the boat.
- above – The picture is above the sofa. (felett)
- across – My house is across the street. (keresztűl, át)
- against – The desk is against the wall. (mellet)
- around – My house is around the block.
- at – Is your house at the end of the street. (-nál,- nél, -ban, -ben)
- at the back of – We are going to sit at the back of the theater. (végén)
- at the bottom of – The coins are at the bottom of the lake. (fenekén, alján)
- at the top of – The books are at the top of the shelves. (tetején)
- between – We sit between the two boys. (között)
- behind – The girls sit behind the two boys. (mögött)
- below – The desk is below the window (alatt)
- by – The books are by the door. (mellett)
- in – I live in the big green and white house. (-ban, -ben)
- inside – I live inside the big green house. (belül)
- on the corner of – We live on the corner of 3rd avenue
- in the middle of – We live in the middle of the street. (közepén)
- near – I don’t live near the supermarket. (közelében)
- next to – I live next to my best friend. (mellett)
- to the left of – The blue box is to the left of the green box. (balra)
- to the right of – The orange box is to the right of the yellow box. (jobbra)
- on – The sun heater is on the top of the building. (raja)
- on the side of – There is a big sign on the side of the house. (oldalán)
- on top of – There is a man on the top of the roof. (tetején)
- on the other side of – Do you see what is going on over there on the other side of the roof? (másik oldalán)
- opposite – The post office is on the opposite side of the street.
- outside – The car is outside the garsince (kint)
- under – The blanket is under the bed, in a box.. (alatt)
- underneath – The pen is underneath the box. (alján)